NC servo feeder is one of the most popular coil handling equipment on market. Henli Machinery can provide two types of servo feeder machine, the mechanical one and pneumatic one. Stampers may find feed action is not accurate sometime, some even impact the whole stamping line out of work. Most cases are resulted by Feed Slipping, let us have a deep inside to know about why and how to solve it.
As shown in the above figure, the servo feeder is a mechanism that feeds the material forward with two rolls, wherein the upper roller can be opened/pressed, and the lower roller is driven by a servo motor (with a timing belt drive in the middle). From this structural analysis, we can see that there are two main reasons for slipping:
- The friction between the roller and the material is insufficient;
- The roller does not have enough tension on the material;
There are two ways to increase the friction between the roller and the material, increase the pressure or change the coefficient of friction between the two. Usually, the method of increasing the pressure is the most direct and convenient. If the material can be fed normally, but occasionally there is a retracement phenomenon, in this case, the pulling force is usually insufficient. It often occurs when the material reaches or exceeds the feeding limit. You can adjust it according to the following scheme (if there is any problem, please contact our company).
The material slippage of the servo feeder is mostly due to the thick material. It can be known from the above analysis that when the material slips, it can be adjusted from the following three aspects:
- For the mechanical servo feeder, adjust the pressure spring of the roller on the feed to increase the pressure of the roller. If the pressure spring is found to be yellow, it can be replaced with a stronger pressure spring (such as green) to increase the pressure (die spring pressure of the same specification: green > red > blue > yellow).
- For the pneumatic servo feeder, check whether the cylinder of the servo feeder is connected to only one air pipe. If there is only one air pipe, the cylinder will only work when it is relaxed. When clamping, it is completely dependent on the pressure spring, so it is possible to send the thick plate material. At the same time, there is a phenomenon that the clip does not tighten and slips. At this time, it is necessary to connect a gas pipe to the cylinder on the solenoid valve, so that the cylinder will generate a certain thrust, so that the roller on the servo feeder is clamped tightly, and will not slip.
- When the feeding speed of the servo feeder can be satisfied, the distance between the feeder and the sheet linearener or the decoiler machine should be shortened as much as possible to reduce the waiting area, so that the material weight of the waiting area is reduced and the feeding is reduced. The servomotor load can effectively prevent the servo feeder from slipping due to excessive material in the waiting area.
Note: The above adjustment method is only suitable for the thickness of the material not exceeding the maximum thickness of the servo feeder. If the thickness of the material exceeds the thickness range of the servo feeder, the servomotor will be overloaded and damaged, so be careful.