In the realm of punch press operations, the high-speed gear feed mechanism stands as one of the five primary feed mechanisms. Surprisingly, despite its effectiveness, it remains underutilized. This lack of familiarity among stamping clients with the potential and application of the high-speed gear feed mechanism can be attributed to challenges encountered during installation and operation. As dedicated manufacturers of professional punch press feed mechanisms, we are committed to unraveling the intricacies of installing and operating the high-speed gear feed mechanism for punch presses.
Installation Guide for the High-Speed Gear Feed Mechanism
The process of installing the high-speed gear feed mechanism for punch presses consists of five crucial steps:
- Determining Feed Direction and Mounting Position To align with the stamping process requirements, establish the feed direction and positioning of the high-speed gear feed mechanism. Typically, this mechanism finds its place on the left side of the punch press worktable.
- Positioning the Worktable Disk’s Central Axis Locate the central axis of the worktable disk on the punch press side that corresponds with the high-speed gear feed mechanism’s installation.
- Aligning the Installation Baseplate and Worktable Disk Ensure alignment between the installation baseplate’s central axis and the worktable disk’s central axis. Secure the feed mechanism mounting plate onto the punch press bed by drilling holes and threading them onto the press body. Precision is paramount to maintain alignment.
- Attaching the Feed Mechanism’s Main Body Secure the main body of the high-speed gear feed mechanism onto the mounting plate. Adjust the height using adjustment screws to align the discharge axis with the mold’s feed axis. Tighten the screws and locking nuts for stability. Check alignment by simulating the feed process.
- Fixing the Mechanism to the Output Shaft Use a connection fixing plate to attach the high-speed gear feed mechanism to the punch press output shaft. Adjust the tension pulley and drive belt length as needed to complete the installation.
Fine-Tuning for Optimal Performance
With the installation complete, fine-tuning the high-speed gear feed mechanism enhances its performance. Two critical adjustments are necessary:
1. Adjusting Material Thickness
- Manually place the material into the rollers.
- Rotate the eccentric wheel to the 3 o’clock position, detaching the material from the rollers.
- Modify the feed thickness using the thickness adjustment screw.
- Confirm smooth movement of the material within the feed mechanism.
- Make clockwise adjustments to increase indentation and counter-clockwise to reduce it.
- Slight rotation of the relaxation cam will loosen the material; make necessary adjustments to comply with requirements.
2. Setting the Relaxation Angle
- Rotate the eccentric wheel to the 3 o’clock position to initiate the feeding angle.
- Gradually progress to the 4 o’clock position, introducing tension.
- Continue to the 5-6 o’clock position to achieve complete material relaxation.
- For clamping, move to the 7 to 8 o’clock position.
- Feed commences at the 9 o’clock position, aligning perfectly with the punch press angle.
The high-speed gear feed mechanism, though often overlooked, holds the potential to significantly improve punch press operations. Through proper installation and meticulous adjustments, this mechanism can enhance efficiency and accuracy in material feeding. By following the step-by-step guide outlined here, stamping clients can harness the benefits of the high-speed gear feed mechanism and unlock new levels of productivity in their punch press operations.